Saturday, October 29, 2011

Short Timeline!!

Grade 8's,
We have the opportunity to apply for a grant for up to $1000.00
The small problem right now is that the applications are due by Nov. 4th (but I have to hand it in by Monday afternoon - and I won't see you until Tuesday).
Last year, the 8's applied and got funding for the RJ and DPA day. They used the money to buy the shirts, and other materials they used that day.

The information about the grant can be found at the following site
http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/students/speakup/2011Application.pdf

Please spread the word around our class about this as best as you can. I know it is short notice, but I also know that as a group, you have some terrific ideas and skills and many of you are up for a good leadership challenge like this.

If you have ANY ideas please let me know ASAP (you can comment on this post or email me at sumera.fraser@hwdsb.on.ca). Feel free to print off the application package from the site.

Some things to consider about the grant are:
Will this grant create a more inclusive learning environment?
Will it develop life skills like team work or communication?

No comments:

Post a Comment