Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Help Wanted!!!

Grade 8's,
On Thursday night at the Meet the Teacher, we will be running a BINGO game for the families. I need a short blurb written up about this to tell the families about it. There will be some cool prizes too. We will run the bingo at 6:30 from the stage in the gym. There is no cost, we are trying to draw awareness for our biweekly Bingo that we need adult volunteers for (it is from 4-7 on every other Friday night at the Delta Bingo, and involves the volunteer counting quarters.) I have a few student volunteers for the game on Thursday night, but I could use a few more.

We are going to do our first fundraiser for graduation and sell drawstring gymbags with the Eastdale logo on them. There will be a sample bag to check out at the Meet the Teacher night and we will take orders for them. The cost will be $...(I'll let you know tomorrow after I figure out the math). We need a write up for this as well, and I will need some volunteers to work at the table. Please let me know if you are available for any of these responsibilities.

Thanks,
Mrs. F

PS Your journal entries today from Parvana's point of view are quite good. Keep working on your Superhero stories (due Friday) and remember to get rid of the DW's (dead words) in your writing to make it more interesting. (I was so proud today when I witnessed several of you looking up at the tombstones on our wall to find more interesting words for your journal entries).

No comments:

Post a Comment