Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who you are makes a difference...

from the sheet...
Grade 8’s, each and every one of you has had an impact on my life. I’m so glad I got to work with you and know you all better in your last year at Eastdale. You bring a smile to my face many times a day. I love bragging about you (your kindness, responsibility, academics and wacky senses of humour) to my friends and family. I’ve never taught a group of students who worked so well together as a family unit. You show you care for each other, as you take an interest in each others’ lives. I’ve enjoyed sharing with you and learning from you in circle and our class discussions. Your willingness to help others both in the classroom and our community  have created a place where all feel safe and welcome (and that’s not an easy thing to do). I challenge you to continue to do this as you move on to new places. We’ve laughed together and cried together (okay, mostly I’ve cried during readings:) and I’ve enjoyed watching you all grow and mature as you turn into responsible young adults. You have good heads on your shoulders and the world would be a much better place if there were more grade eight classes like yours. Don’t get lost in the game. Be like Peeta and stay true to yourself.  Stay gold.  Love Mrs. F.,,,


No comments:

Post a Comment